Re: [SystemSafety] Recommend books on writing safety critical software

From: Mike Ellims < >
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 10:55:35 +0100

I think a good place to start is,

Computer Related Risks

Peter G. Neumann

It gives a good background into the kinds of things that HAVE gone wrong, and seemingly continue to do so.

Thus providing some of the background necessary to right frame of mind for developing safety critical systems e.g. obsessive care and attention to detail.

Cheers.

From: systemsafety-bounces_at_xxxxxx Sent: 12 May 2015 01:49
To: systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Subject: [SystemSafety] Recommend books on writing safety critical software

I'm a long time programmer with experience in C/C++/Java, but I've never written safety critical software and would like to get a better understanding of the software design methodology and most importantly practical implementation techniques for safety critical software.

So, I'd like some recommendations on books, preferably compatible with Kindle.

Thanks,

Wink Saville

---