Re: [SystemSafety] Another unbelievable failure (file system overflow)

From: Robert Schaefer at 300 < >
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 12:11:28 +0000

I would claim that this not always prospect theory sometimes dysfunction due to greed.

By deliberately not testing you can get the customer to:

  1. become your beta tester, i.e. work for you for free
  2. directly or indirectly get the customer pay you again for you fixing your own mistakes
  3. You leave no evidence of criminal negligence (when you are indeed criminally negligent ->

      if you did detect safety issues during testing, those issues would be recorded in the testing documentation).

I would like to see, someday, a serious socio-economic study of the insights of the Dilbert comic (dilbert.com).

I have read in interviews with the cartoonist (Scott Adams) that people email him what they've experienced,

and he just draws it up. One might claim that what he does is all made up, but I have my doubts given what

I've experienced as a programmer in several large corporations over the past decades.