Re: [SystemSafety] [EC 61508 and cybersecurity

From: Chris Hills < >
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 11:49:44 +0100

I have always though that safety and security are two sides of the same coin. Often it is just a difference of emphasis or wording but the requirements are very similar if not the same.

The trouble is “cyber security” is the new buzzword so we need a standard for it….. Surely it is better build on 61508 for something that is both safe and secure?

Or do you want something that is secure but unsafe? J

Regards

   Chris

Phaedrus Systems Ltd Tel: FREEphone 0808 1800 358 96 Brambling B77 5PG Vat GB860621831 Co Reg #04120771  <http://www.phaedsys.com/> Http://www.phaedsys.com chills_at_xxxxxx

From: systemsafety-bounces_at_xxxxxx Sent: 01 June 2015 10:09
To: systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Subject: Re: [SystemSafety] [EC 61508 and cybersecurity

Where can I find details of the content of IEC 62443, and of the IEC workgroup?

Martyn