Re: [SystemSafety] [EC 61508 and cybersecurity

From: Martyn Thomas < >
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 12:02:44 +0100

The cybersecurity problem with 61508 is that 61508 doesn't address the safety implications of someone exploiting security vulnerabilities.

If 61508 was adequate for safety then I'd be happy to build on it.

Martyn

On 01/06/2015 11:49, Chris Hills wrote:

> I have always though that safety and security are two sides of the
> same coin. Often it is just a difference of emphasis or wording but
> the requirements are very similar if not the same.
>
> The trouble is “cyber security” is the new buzzword so we need a
> standard for it….. Surely it is better build on 61508 for something
> that is both safe and secure?
>

> Or do you want something that is secure but unsafe? J
>

> Regards
>
> Chris

The System Safety Mailing List
systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Mon Jun 01 2015 - 13:03:01 CEST