Re: [SystemSafety] Another unbelievable failure (file system overflow)

From: Martyn Thomas < >
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2015 15:11:27 +0100

Is this fundamentally different from the Approved Codes of Practice that HSE publishes?

"The Approved Code of Practice (ACOP) has special legal status and gives practical advice for all those involved in construction work. If you follow the advice in the ACOP you will be doing enough to comply with the law in respect of those specific matters on which it gives advice. "

The benefit, of course, of goal-based regulation (such as the UK HSWA 1974) supplemented by ACOPs is that it does not inhibit innovation. If you devise a better way of carrying out an activity, you are not prevented from using it (as you may be under prescriptive regulation).

Martyn

On 06/06/2015 02:41, Matthew Squair wrote:
> I think that defining a due process in the legislation as the Act does
> is something of a first, and I'm pretty sure it's going to have lots
> of unintended consequences. Interesting days ahead.

The System Safety Mailing List
systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Sat Jun 06 2015 - 16:11:33 CEST