Re: [SystemSafety] Chicago controller halts Delta jet's near-miss on takeoff: '1328, stop, stop stop!'

From: Christopher Johnson < >
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 18:58:02 +0000

Call sign confusion is not a black swan event. Eurocontrol have a working group addressing the issue for several years now. The aim was to reach agreement so that callsigns should be ≥maximally≤ easy to distinguish rather than the ad hoc approach that applies now (ad hoc from a human factors perspective).

All the best,
 Chris

On 18/06/2015 19:12, "systemsafety-bounces_at_xxxxxx on behalf of Steve Tockey"
<systemsafety-bounces_at_xxxxxx Steve.Tockey_at_xxxxxx