Re: [SystemSafety] ERTMS Balise security vulnerabilities

From: paul cleary < >
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 18:48:26 +1000

Thanks a lot Peter,

I've come across this report in the past. It's high level and draws attention to the risk of balise security, but doesn't consider actual threat scenarios or consider probabilities of risk that's given threats could occur.

With that in mind I was keen to find reports detailing qualitative and quantitative analysis of threats to the balise, balise tool and communication across the air gap.

For eg assessing the likely threats and probabilities of Hacking into the Balise Programing Tool or which communicates with the balise across the air gap or by intercepting/inserting packets passing across the air gap remotely

Paul Cleary BSc MSc CEng MIRSE

E: pclearyrail_at_xxxxxx
M: +66(0)406158643