Re: [SystemSafety] Java Coding standards for Safety Critical SW - update

From: SPRIGGS, John J < >
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 08:17:18 +0000

For those in Europe, EUROCAE Document ED-217 is equivalent to the RTCA/DO-332 that José cites.

Sent: 09 July 2015 12:34
To: M Mencke
Cc: systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Subject: Re: [SystemSafety] Java Coding standards for Safety Critical SW - update

Hi Myriam,
This is certainly not a coding standard document, but I'd suggest adding DO-332 to the reading list, if you haven't done it already :) While general enough in a "DO-document style", the introduction, Annex D and the FAQs do provide a thorough identification of the "dangers" of OO tech. Thanks,
José

What I would like to know is whether this specification (JSR 2013) is the only recent specification, or if other efforts have appeared in the last number of years. Until now I have not been able to find an update of the ESA 2005 Java coding standards, for example.

Regards,

Myriam.

Hi Martyn, you can download it from here:

https://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=302

Early draft review 2, "Download Page".

Regards,

Myriam.

Please will you post it - or a link to it?

Martyn

On 09/07/2015 09:14, M Mencke wrote:
> Ok so I found the JSR 2013 version, still in draft.

José Miguel Faria
Educed - Engineering made better

t: +351 913000266
w: www.educed-emb.com<http://www.educed-emb.com/>
e: jmf_at_xxxxxx

If you are not the intended recipient, please notify our Help Desk at Email information.solutions_at_xxxxxx immediately. You should not copy or use this email or attachment(s) for any purpose nor disclose their contents to any other person.

NATS computer systems may be monitored and communications carried on them recorded, to secure the effective operation of the system.

Please note that neither NATS nor the sender accepts any responsibility for viruses or any losses caused as a result of viruses and it is your responsibility to scan or otherwise check this email and any attachments.

NATS means NATS (En Route) plc (company number: 4129273), NATS (Services) Ltd (company number 4129270), NATSNAV Ltd (company number: 4164590) or NATS Ltd (company number 3155567) or NATS Holdings Ltd (company number 4138218). All companies are registered in England and their registered office is at 4000 Parkway, Whiteley, Fareham, Hampshire, PO15 7FL.

The System Safety Mailing List
systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Fri Jul 10 2015 - 10:17:32 CEST