Re: [SystemSafety] power plant user interfaces

From: Gareth Lock < >
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 20:27:19 +0100

Tim,

The answer is yes, but one of the problems is that engineers are not normally users, so they have a different perspective on what short-cuts or ‘misuse’ might happen. This means that the end user needs to be engaged in the design process too but from my perspective, they aren’t normally that bothered because they can’t see or touch it. In addition, we sometimes get into the ‘but why would anyone do it that way, I designed it this way!’ discussion!

Regards

Gareth Lock
Managing Director
Human in the System Consulting