Re: [SystemSafety] Hackers take over *control* of a car wirelessly

From: Martyn Thomas < >
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 17:49:05 +0100

In which countries would Chrysler have any liability if a hacker caused an accident in this way?

Martyn

On 21/07/2015 16:54, Peter Bernard Ladkin wrote: > .... and drive it into a ditch. Done during a demo, performed the day after the fix was available > from Fiat Chrysler. But it's real. As in, really real. Thank heavens the good guys found it first. > >
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jul/21/jeep-owners-urged-update-car-software-hackers-remote-control
> > I must admit I thought such an act was still a couple years in the
future. > > PBL > > Prof. Peter Bernard Ladkin, Faculty of Technology, University of Bielefeld, 33594 Bielefeld, Germany > Je suis Charlie > Tel+msg +49 (0)521 880 7319 www.rvs.uni-bielefeld.de

The System Safety Mailing List
systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Tue Jul 21 2015 - 18:49:01 CEST