Re: [SystemSafety] Hackers take over *control* of a car wirelessly

From: Tom Ferrell < >
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 13:27:33 -0400

Stating the obvious, but isn't there an aspect of this that goes something like, "Just because we can doesn't mean we should." To me, there is a fundamental engineering ethics question that comes into play when people start talking about the 'Internet of Everything.' When someone postulates hooking two systems together that always before have been physically separated, engineers have a moral responsibility IMHO to inject themselves firmly and fully into the benefits vs. risks discussion with a strong bias of when in doubt, don't.