Re: [SystemSafety] Hackers take over *control* of a car wirelessly

From: Mike Ellims < >
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 22:48:47 +0100

It's been possible for a few years now, a couple of papers may be of interest here;

http://static.usenix.org/events/sec11/tech/full_papers/Checkoway.pdf

http://feihu.eng.ua.edu/NSF_CPS/year1/w9_1.pdf

I did some work with Ross Anderson a few years back for a Tier 1, one of the outputs was an ESCAR paper which I archived at,

http://www.skicambridge.com/papers/security_and_safety.pdf

The issue has also been discussed extensively in the IEEE Software and some ACM publications.

The SAE has a new J standard coming out on vehicle security and I believe the IET is looking at the issue as well.