Re: [SystemSafety] The VW Saga - 30 managers...

From: Matthew Squair < >
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 11:38:06 +1100

Well, 'mistakes were made but not by me' does seem to be the standard refrain in such circumstances. :)

People do seem to have an amazing ability for self deception and self justification when dealing with situations of cognitive dissonance. That seems to be just how we roll as human beings.

Matthew Squair

MIEAust, CPEng
Mob: +61 488770655
Email; Mattsquair_at_xxxxxx
Web: http://criticaluncertainties.com

On 16 Oct 2015, at 2:52 AM, "Chuck_Petras_at_xxxxxx Chuck_Petras_at_xxxxxx

What an environment this must be to work in. Having this 'Sword of Damocles' hanging over their heads every day. Coming in to work in the morning and wondering - while ones workstation boots - if today is going to be the day...

> the "expensive exhaust cleaning" should have made "any engine developer
> suspicious" that things were not as being claimed

Chuck Petras, PE
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc Pullman, WA 99163 USA
http://www.selinc.com
Tel: +1.509.332.1890

SEL Synchrophasors - A New View of the Power System < http://synchrophasor.selinc.com>

Making Electric Power Safer, More Reliable, and More Economical (R)