Re: [SystemSafety] Qualification of libraries

From: Dewi Daniels < >
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 15:57:45 +0000

I've received an email from Chris Hobbs of QNX stating that he can't reply to this list for some reason. Chris asked me to forward his email, which reads as follows:

Stefan, Dewi,

I've seen your comments regarding certified C/C++ libraries in the Bielefeld mailing list, but have been unable to respond to the list. Perhaps you could copy this email to the list until I find out what's wrong.

The QNX microkernel and associated C library is certified to IEC61508 at SIL3 and ISO26262 at ASIL-D. The toolchain including the C compiler is also included with the certification (see enclosed certificate). We included the entire C library within the certification --- no routines are excluded.

I hope that this helps. Sorry about not being able to post to the mailing list.

Cheers

Chris Hobbs
QNX Software Systems