Re: [SystemSafety] Qualification of libraries

From: Chris Hills < >
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 18:04:42 -0000

Actually there are three main C and C++ test suites. The two Derek mentioned (one of which he distributes ) and the Solid Sands test suite, formerly the ACE test suite which has a 30 year history. CAVEAT: Phaedrus Systems distributes Solid Sands in the UK. http://www.phaedsys.com/principals/solidsands/index.html

I have a couple of videos on compiler testing, one by the author of the Solid Sands test suite
https://youtu.be/oud0E7hin3s

and one by an Independent consultant, Olwen Morgan about compiler testing in general that discusses all three main test suites  https://youtu.be/l27lyNVrH2Y

There is also one important question: Is this a hosted or self-hosted system?
The requirements for a hosted library are not the same as a self-hosted system.

I know Solid Sands provide a qualification kit that is used by several compilers

Regards

   Chris

Phaedrus Systems Ltd
FREEphone 0808 1800 358 International +44 1827 259 546 Vat GB860621831  Co Reg #04120771
Http://www.phaedsys.com chills_at_xxxxxx