[SystemSafety] Hazard analysis and The Vinci Massacre

From: Les Chambers < >
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 14:08:11 +1000

Hi

Watching the HBO series: True Detectives (season 2, episode 4), it struck me that the following eight minute scene would be an excellent warmup for a hazard analysis session.

It depicts a day that starts well but just doesn't pan out the way our heroes planned.

Refer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Roi-mL1eUM0

Pay particular attention to the last minute, beautifully dramatised as only Hollywood can.

And ask yourself, do you ever want to be in that situation because you didn't put enough time into figuring out what could go wrong and what you could do about it?

Cheers

Les

Les Chambers
Director
Chambers & Associates Pty Ltd
<http://www.chambers.com.au> www.chambers.com.au

Blog: <http://www.systemsengineeringblog.com/> www.systemsengineeringblog.com

Twitter: <http://www.twitter.com/chambersles> _at_xxxxxx M: 0412 648 992
Intl M: +61 412 648 992
Ph: +61 7 3870 4199
Fax: +61 7 3870 4220
<mailto:les_at_xxxxxx

The System Safety Mailing List
systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Wed Jan 13 2016 - 05:08:31 CET