Re: [SystemSafety] Hazard analysis and The Vinci Massacre

From: paul cleary < >
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 05:21:59 +0000

Hi,

Not sure how they could have anticipated and identified those hazards, ahead of time..

Can I ask, are you familiar with using Nodes and Guidewords as a means to conduct a structured HAZID session.

Or would you approach HAZID without constraints, and leave nodes/guidewords for HAZOP only?

Regards
Paul Cleary BSc, MSc, CEng, EUR ING
M +<tel:+44%20(0)7860%20861979>44(0)7464722444

On Jan 13, 2016, at 4:08 AM, Les Chambers <les_at_xxxxxx

Hi
Watching the HBO series: True Detectives (season 2, episode 4), it struck me that the following eight minute scene would be an excellent warmup for a hazard analysis session. It depicts a day that starts well but just doesn't pan out the way our heroes planned.

Refer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Roi-mL1eUM0

Pay particular attention to the last minute, beautifully dramatised as only Hollywood can. And ask yourself, do you ever want to be in that situation because you didn't put enough time into figuring out what could go wrong and what you could do about it?

Cheers
Les

Les Chambers
Director
Chambers & Associates Pty Ltd
www.chambers.com.au<http://www.chambers.com.au> Blog: www.systemsengineeringblog.com<http://www.systemsengineeringblog.com/> Twitter: _at_xxxxxx M: 0412 648 992
Intl M: +61 412 648 992
Ph: +61 7 3870 4199
Fax: +61 7 3870 4220
les_at_xxxxxx

systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Wed Jan 13 2016 - 06:22:10 CET