Re: [SystemSafety] Functional hazard analysis, does it work?

From: David MENTRE < >
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 09:18:42 +0100

Hello,

Le 20/01/2016 08:06, DREW Rae a écrit :
> It is the
> fundamental problem of requirements engineering that strengthening
> internal validity weakens external validity. The more effort you put
> into creating an analysable model of the real world, the less that model
> looks like the real world and the greater the chance that the safety
> problems will exist outside the analysis altogether.

Could you elaborate on the point? I don't understand you. How making the formal(?) model breaks link to real world and helpfulness to saefty analysis? Would you have a minimal example?

Sincerely yours,
D. Mentré

The System Safety Mailing List
systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Wed Jan 20 2016 - 09:18:51 CET