Re: [SystemSafety] Modelling and coding guidelines: "Unambiguous Graphical Representation"

From: David MENTRE < >
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 10:33:36 +0100

Hello,

Le 26/02/2016 09:43, Peter Bernard Ladkin a écrit :
> Another reason is the prevelance of MathLab/Simulink in this domain. Simulink is now an executable
> specification language. Since there is one supplier, it is de facto unambiguous (there is just one
> simulator, so the single meaning of a Simulink spec is precisely what that simulator does with the
> spec).

Some people have even formally defined the semantics of Simulink or a subset of it:

https://scholar.google.fr/scholar?q=simulink+formal+semantics&hl=fr&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiviqDTj5XLAhVCxxoKHdvjAWgQgQMIITAA

Except that semantics of MathLab/Simulink is very fragile, e.g. order of execution of state machines on a diagram depends on the order they were drawn.

I would not rely on that for a safety-critical system!

I know, we are not living in a perfect world. :-)

Best regards,
david

The System Safety Mailing List
systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Fri Feb 26 2016 - 10:33:43 CET