Re: [SystemSafety] Modelling and coding guidelines: "Unambiguous Graphical Representation"

From: Peter Bernard Ladkin < >
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 09:57:30 +0100

On 2016-02-27 09:47 , Steve Tockey wrote:
> In safety critical systems, we should strive for specifications that are
> both unambiguous and deterministic, so that relevant safety properties can
> be examined.

I'm not so sure. If your safety-critical system needs some security, which many or most of them do, then it might need the ability to generate nonces, since many authentication and confidentiality algorithms require them. A nonce is a value generated non-deterministically in most reliable implementations. Indeed, the more deterministic it is, the less worthy it is.

systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Sat Feb 27 2016 - 09:57:37 CET