Re: [SystemSafety] Modelling and coding guidelines: "Unambiguous Graphical Representation"

From: Martyn Thomas < >
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 12:31:08 +0000

On 27/02/2016 10:45, Michael J. Pont wrote:
> The organisations that we work with on ISO 26262 (and similar)
> projects are not yet ready to embrace formal methods. I suspect that
> this is the case for the majority of users of ISO 26262 at this time.

Would it be controversial to suggest that they are therefore "not yet ready" to be considered competent to build safety-critical software - especially in an environment of heightened cybersecurity threats?

Do their engineering colleagues have a similar aversion to using science, mathematics and logic to establish and assure the properties of their engineering?

systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Sat Feb 27 2016 - 13:31:02 CET