Re: [SystemSafety] Modelling and coding guidelines: "Unambiguous Graphical Representation"

From: Derek M Jones < >
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 16:13:32 +0000

Steve,

> My point is that it's not a simple thing to precisely define "bad code",
> neither is it a simple thing to detect it or repair it.

Bad code can be precisely defined by the amount of resources you are willing to invest in finding and fixing any problems it might contain.

If the code might contain problems that you are not willing to invest in doing anything about, then it is obviously good enough.

How you choose to invest the resources you have in finding/fixing problems is a technical issue. There is not a lot of hard data available to help make the optimal use of resources, so people tend to follow the herd and sprinkle in a few of their own preferences.