Re: [SystemSafety] Modelling and coding guidelines: "Unambiguous Graphical Representation"

From: Peter Bernard Ladkin < >
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 06:20:48 +0100

Just for the record.

On 2016-03-01 11:46 , Les Chambers wrote:
> PBL:First, standards don't mandate. They purport to describe the state of
> the art.... Standards are mostly concerned to describe checks and balances and
> things to ensure which best practice has shown necessary.
>
> Les: Not true.
> Les: going back to your comment: "standards don't mandate." This is a
> transparently untrue statement for a communications protocol standard,

You were talking about software development for critical systems and so was I.

I was not talking about telecommunications standards, programming language definitions, bolts, screws, road signs, or the British cup of tea.

Sorry for the apparent confusion.

systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Wed Mar 02 2016 - 06:20:57 CET