Re: [SystemSafety] SIL 4 and IEC 61131-3 languages

From: Daniel Grivicic < >
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 23:58:49 +1100

Dear Bertrand,

If you assume that the devices which use IEC61131-3 are typical of the industry, then you will find that SIL3 is possible and widely found however SIL4 is not. I am not aware of any PLC that is capable of SIL4 and is software configurable. The 3 such devices I am aware of use logic cards and are hard wired.

Sorry I cannot assist much more.

Thanks

Daniel.

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 11:30 PM, RICQUE Bertrand (SAGEM DEFENSE SECURITE) < bertrand.ricque_at_xxxxxx