Re: [SystemSafety] Data on Proof effectiveness from real projects

From: Steve Tockey < >
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2016 18:39:36 +0000

Paul,
Of course, I agree 100%.

What's your source for the 44% number? I'm very interested in that kind of data. My source says 56% of defects are in requirements and 27% are in design. Only 7% are coding. The remaining 10% are defects logged against other things: test cases, test plans, project plans, etc.

The source of this data is:

Gary Mogyorodi, ³What is Requirements-Based Testing?², Crosstalk, March, 2003