Re: [SystemSafety] Data on Proof effectiveness from real projects

From: Peter Bernard Ladkin < >
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2016 10:12:11 +0200

On 2016-04-03 09:58 , Les Chambers wrote:
> I should point out that while it is laudable for an organisation to collect these stats for the
> purposes of process improvement, they are rarely transferable across organisations (sometimes the're
> useless between projects in the same organisation) .....

Yes.

This point was made thirty-five years ago in a book called Software Engineering Economics by a gentleman called Barry Boehm. It's a little odd that we should need to reiterate such basics here, but kudos to Les for doing so.

As Martyn pointed out, and as may be read in the survey paper by Rod&Co, some SE organisations get *really different* figures from those being used in this exchange.

PBL
Prof. Peter Bernard Ladkin, Faculty of Technology, University of Bielefeld, 33594 Bielefeld, Germany Je suis Charlie

systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Sun Apr 03 2016 - 10:12:19 CEST