Re: [SystemSafety] Data on Proof effectiveness from real projects

From: Martyn Thomas < >
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2016 11:35:20 +0100

On 03/04/2016 08:58, Les Chambers wrote:
> As a matter of interest, one gross measure that fascinates me is how
> many lines of the 10,000,000 + line of code body in my car has
> actually been reviewed by someone other than the author. Right now we
> have a debate in Australia over the definition of free range eggs. We
> are moving towards one square metre per chook (Australian for chicken)
> , surely VW et al , owe us an eyeball count for the lines of code in
> our vehicles (I don't even want to think about our aircraft).

Les

I'd wager that there is no-one in VW who has looked at the source code of the great majority of those lines of code, and that the authors of most of the code had no idea that it would ever be used in an automobile.

Draw your own conclusions. And get a bike.

systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Sun Apr 03 2016 - 12:35:28 CEST