Re: [SystemSafety] How Many Miles of Driving Would It Take to Demonstrate Autonomous Vehicle Reliability?

From: Peter Bernard Ladkin < >
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 06:02:59 +0200

On 2016-04-19 05:32 , Matthew Squair wrote:
> I think the question of liability will (if it truly is an issue) be answered by legislation.

That's as close to a tautology as anything in human affairs gets.

The question of liability is already answered by legislation. The question is how that legislation apportions it currently.

If you are thinking of new legislation, then in Anglo-Saxon law there is some requirement for consistency with existing case law, and there are a few centuries of that.

systemsafety_at_xxxxxx Received on Tue Apr 19 2016 - 06:03:09 CEST